The High Park Movement Strategy is moving forward. The first phase of implementation work is set for July 28 to August 5, 2023. It will introduce new pavement markings, signage, and traffic control measures. This schedule is weather dependent and subject to change.
What is changing as of August 5, 2023:
- West Road and portions of Colborne Lodge Drive south of Grenadier Café will be car-free routes at all times.
- Weekend and holidays will continue to be car-free on all roads.
- The main entrance for visitor vehicles will be at Parkside Drive and High Park Boulevard. This entrance will be open Monday to Friday and closed on weekends and holidays.
- Visitor vehicles will not be permitted to enter at Bloor Street West.
- Visitor vehicle access will be provided to the Children’s Garden, Colborne Lodge Drive, and the Spring Road Parking lot at all times.
- Parking spaces within High Park will be reduced. Designated pick-up / drop-off spaces will be added near main destinations.
- Dedicated bike lanes will be added on Centre Road and Colborne Lodge Drive.
- Improved pavement markings and signage will be added to pedestrian crossing areas.
- Authorized vehicles such as transit, ambulances, operation and maintenance vehicles and delivery trucks will continue to be permitted to use park roads at all times.
For more information on these changes and the longer-term plans, visit the project website: www.toronto.ca/highparkmove
For background information and commentary, please see: